Collection Story - cedsupercars43

Language can be an insurmountable difference between people, but sometimes all differences disappear when two people are bound by a love for the same hobby. Mr. Cédric (on Instagram cedsupercars43) is a collector of models from France, who may not speak English as much as he would like, but his collection speaks for itself. He has been in this hobby almost his whole life, and this is his story.

       First, tell us something about yourself?

Hello, my name is Cédric, I am 46 years old. I live in Brittany, France.

How and why you started with collecting scale model cars?

Since I was a child I had a passion for cars, that passion I inherited from my father. In my childhood, I had my first collection with models from Solido, and Norev in scale 1/43, and 1/87 Majorette! Then I stopped my collection when I was 14/15 years old because I had something else to think about at that time. :) Then, when I was about 25 years old I started again, I started with Rally Magazine models, and Formula 1, and then focus more on quality models like Minichamps, Spark in scale 1/43.


What is the subject and goal of your collection?

I don't have a favorite subject although I have many Porsches. I collect all styles of miniatures: supercars, rallies, Formula 1, and endurance prototypes. I buy a lot by "coup de Coeur" (French Expression, this phrase is used to describe having a sudden strong attraction to something, ‘falling for something’ or even ‘love at first sight.’)


Who is your favorite manufacturer, and why?

My favorite brand is Porsche, as you could guess, I think they are efficient and usable cars for every day, the 911 has been timeless with the same design for 55 years. In general, I like German brands but I also love Ferrari and Lamborghini. :)


Your real and dream car is?

I own two Volkswagen Golf, a Golf Mk6, and the Mk7, but my absolute dream would be a 991 GT3 RS ph2.


You are a long time collector, did you have any time moments of doubt. Maybe you wanted to sell the collection, or you had a pause or something similar, and how did you get over it?

I collect since 2002, and it happens that I sell some cars, but only to be able to buy others. I don't like to be separated from my toys. :(  I have never stopped since I started with the collection. In addition to the model collection, I also have a small collection of airplanes.


Every collector has that "the one" model that he waited for a long time, which is yours?

I have several :) BMW 750il 1987, Porsche 996 gt1 road, Mercedes AMG GT 4 doors 63...


We are aware that sometimes our hobby can look strange, what do the people around you say about your hobby?

In general, my friends appreciate my collection, especially the men. :) But some do not understand that we can spend money on miniatures, no big deal.


What advice would you give to people who want to start with this hobby?

I would advise them to start with magazine models if they do not have a lot of money.  For the same reason, I would advise them to choose a subject or theme for their collection at the start of collecting.


Collection Story - cedsupercars43 Collection Story - cedsupercars43 Reviewed by Racing stories 43 on 8:49 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.