Collection story - Stefan Bošković

This interview is very special to me. This is the first time I have had the opportunity to talk to someone from my country, Serbia. And the other thing is that this is the youngest interlocutor with whom I had the opportunity to talk about our hobby, so please enjoy it.


First, tell us something about yourself?
My name is Stefan Bošković, and I am from Serbia, Novi Sad. I have 19 years old and I am locksmith-welder by profession.

How and why you started with collecting scale model cars?
From a young age, I loved cars more than all the toys I had at the time. As far as I can remember, the first model car I got was a RC BMW M1 from Mehanotehnika. (Mehano is a Slovenian toy company, founded in 1952 as Mehanotehnika) With that car, an even stronger love for real cars began, and later, as I got older, for car models as well.


What scale is most dominant in your collection and why?
More than six years ago, I started the collection in scale 1:64, and after two years, I sold everything and changed it for a larger scale. Most of my collection is currently at 1:24 scale, although I have it in almost all sizes.


What is subject and the goal of your collection?
I am like every other collector who likes to mix and buy models on a different scale because I can't choose only one. At the moment, I am mostly based on old BMW and Renault models, but also other old-timers.


Who is your favorite manufacturer, and why?
I have the best experiences with Kyosho, but only with their older production in scale 1:18. Each model was superbly done with a handful of details and openings. Today, most of them are without opening, made of resin material (let's say plastic), and overestimated.

Did you have any time moments of doubt? Maybe you wanted to sell the collection, or you had a pause or something similar, and how did you get over it?
I had a couple of short breaks. The main reason was financial problems because then I ended up with a 1:64 scale and slowly started with 1:18 and their prices, so it was harder to collect for a model.


We are aware that sometimes our hobby can look strange, what does the environment say about your hobby?
Many say it’s childish but it’s my passion and my hobby! During the time, however, everyone accepts, while some even fall in love.


Your real and dream car is?
Nothing too special, a 2004 Citroën Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDI, and the car of my dreams is a 2001 BMW 750i E38.


What advice would you give to people who want to start with this hobby?
All you need is eBay, other similar sites, and a lot of money haha...




Collection story - Stefan Bošković Collection story - Stefan Bošković Reviewed by Racing stories 43 on 4:54 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.